What are flies?
Flies are small, winged insects that regularly find their way into our homes. They will take advantage of any property that provides them with their basic needs. Though we find them annoying when they live near us, out in nature, they do provide some benefits, including being prey for many other animals and sometimes acting as pollinators. As scavengers, they also play a significant role in breaking down decaying organic matter that is outside.
Are flies dangerous?
Being a type of scavenger, flies are in direct contact with decaying organic debris regularly, which puts them into contact with a wide variety of bacteria and parasites. In our homes, these pests land on our home’s surfaces, contaminating them and any food we have in our home with various pathogens that can make people ill. Flies are not only a nuisance to have in our homes, but they are dangerous, and you should always try to prevent them from coming inside.
Why do I have a fly problem?
Like most pests, flies are opportunistic and will take advantage of areas that provide them with food and breeding sites. Most of our yards are attractive to flies, with breeding and feeding sites found in our gardens, trash cans, and compost piles. Other things like standing water, pet feces, and outdoor eating areas attract flies.
Where will I find flies?
When flies live outside in your yard in large populations, it is very easy to wind up with an infestation indoors. Flies easily move into our homes through several entry points, with open windows and doors being the most common. Other ways that these flying pests move inside include cracks in the foundation, torn screens, open vents, and gaps around windows and doors. Once inside, kitchens, dining areas, pantries, and bathrooms are rooms where these pests typically hang out.
How do I get rid of flies?
Get rid of flies from your home and yard with the help of the locally owned and operated Master Mosquito Control. We protect southern New Hampshire and northern Massachusetts properties from becoming overrun with pesky and dangerous flies.
Through personalized services, a deep knowledge of the local areas we serve, and effective pest control methods, we will solve your property’s pest problems. To learn more about our fly control options, give us a call at Master Mosquito Control today!
How can I prevent flies in the future?
Prevent flies with the help of the professionals at Master Mosquito Control and our useful prevention tips:
- Keep your windows and doors closed whenever possible. Open windows and doors should always have screens in them.
- Make sure outdoor trash cans and compost bins have locking lids on them.
- In your home, keep produce and other food in the fridge or containers with airtight lids, not out on counters or tables.
- If you own pets, pick up their waste from your yard daily.
- Regularly clean out drains to prevent debris from building up where flies feed and breed in them.
- Regularly clean up crumbs and spills from indoor and outdoor food prep and dining areas.
- Make sure gutters are working properly to keep water from pooling near your foundation.
Request Your Free Estimate Today
Complete the form below to request your no obligation estimate.